There are many people who suffer from allergies year after year. If you are one of them you know how difficult your situation can be during the spring season.
If you do some research and try to find some moderately priced but efficient air purifiers, Whirlpool whispure will certainly be one of the purifiers on your list.
The Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier can provide you with a whisper quiet machine, while at the same time maintaining a very high level of performance.
Equipped with a HEPA filter (which captures the standard 99.97 percent of the airborne pollutants), this air purifier will remove every particle down to 0.3 microns.
There is a carbon pre-filter, also nowadays a standard level of filtration in all reputable air cleaning units. This filter eliminates odors and prepares the air that enters the machine by pre cleansing it and making it ready for the HEPA filter. This step extends the life of the unit and enables higher quality air.
What is Whirlpool Whispure going to remove from your home air? It is effective for capturing airborne irritants and allergens like pet dander, dust, tobacco smoke, pollen, and mold spores.
The newest 510 HEPA Air Purifier model (also known as AP51030K) it the enhanced version of the 450 Whirlpool Whispure model.
It comes with the following improved features:
• turbo and sleep modes,
• 1 extra fan setting providing a total of 4 fan speeds,
• electronic controls compared to the 450′s manual controls.
The 4 fan settings lets you set the speed of the air filtration, which in practice means how hard you want the machine to run. There is a turbo setting if you need to clear the air quickly.
When you activate the sleep mode the fan will be set to the lowest speed for a period of eight hours. This, by the way, is also the quietest setting. After the time window of eight hours is over, Whirlpool Whispure will resume to the previous speed of operation before the sleep mode was initiated.
The machine is not very bulky and is fairly unobtrusive. So you can easy move it around your house as needed.
The recommendations are to change the carbon filter every three months, whereas the more expensive HEPA filter should be replaced annually. The cool thing is you don’t need to guess: two separate LED lights will indicate when the carbon filter or the HEPA filter have to be replaced.
Features and Specification
- Purify Technology: HEPA filter together with a Carbon pre-filter.
- Coverage Area: Effective for up to 500 Sq. ft.
- HEPA Filter Rate of Removal: True HEPA performance of 99.97% airborne particles down to 0.3 microns removed.
- 4 speeds to the fan with Turbo mode and Sleep mode function
- Filters The Air: 4.8 times per hour
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): For dust: 325, for smoke: 315, for pollen: 401
- Carbon Pre-Filter for trapping odors and larger particles
- Quiet Partner System: quiet while at the same time very efficient purification technology
- Soft touch controls and fully electronic
- Filter Replacement Lights Indicators: there are 2 separate indicators indicating when to replace the HEPA filter or carbon prefilter
- Built-In Handle And Cord Storage for easy moving
- Life of the HEPA Filter: 12 months on average depending on use (built in indicator)
- Type of Whirlpool Replacement HEPA Filter: Whirlpool-1183054K
- Type of Whirlpool Replacement Pre-Filter: Whirlpool-8171434K
- Energy Star Certified
- Dimensions: H 27.2 inches x W 22.1 inches x D 12.3 inches
- Weight: 22.55 pounds
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited Warranty
• low noise like a mild white noise
• takes a lot of particles and dust from the air
• indicator lights to tell you when it’s time to change the filters
• control lock to keep your children from changing the settings
• sleep mode to bring the fan speed down to its lowest settings and then it kicks back to the previous setting again next morning or after 8 hours
• energy star related to efficiency
• nice design
• the replacement filter is costly (about \$90) but it only needs to be changed once a year
• the carbon filter needs to be changed every 3 months (sold as four-pack about \$40 per four-pack)
The Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K Air Purifier has received a lot of good reviews from the people who has purchased this machine online. The average rating is changing in time, but you can always check the current rating here.
Numerous reviewers agree about the effectiveness of this unit, while simultaneiously being pretty quiet as it claims to be.
Overall, the Whirlpool Whispure is one of the best air purifiers currently available in its price range. There are many more expensive units failing to live up to the high standards it sets. If you need something that can eliminate problems from pet dander, or other irritants, you will definitely want to consider this over any other choice.
We wouldn’t even make an attempt to give any concrete price here as it is almost always changing. You can buy the Whirlpool Whispure 510 from many big retailers offline or online like Amazon, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart etc.
All in all, we don’t think you would regret your purchase. This system can really help a lot with your allergies. The first time you change your carbon filter you may be amazed and shocked as to the amount of dust you will find inside of it. You will witness first hand at the amount of dust that is actually inside your house. Remember, if the air cleaner was not there, your lungs would have to filter a good portion of all that pollution. So, this unit is definitely worth your time to at least check it out.