The Blueair 503 HepaSilent Air Purifier is a well built machine using galvanized steel construction and nontoxic polypropylene filters. The filters are environmentally friendly, breaking down to carbon dioxide and water as they decompose. The filters are also waterproof making them resistant to mold, bacteria and viruses.
The Blueair 503 HepaSilent Air-Purification System can cycle all of the air in a 580 sq. ft. room up to five times per hour (the HepaSilent technology is also present in the 403 model). It also offers quiet operation by gently diffusing air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner, thanks to its SurroundAir system. This provides an exceptional air exchange rate and better indoor air quality. Plus you can easily move the Blueair 503 around with the convenient caster wheels.
The Blueair 503 is also an Energy Star appliance, meeting the strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and the US Department of Energy.
There is an upgraded Model 503 that includes smokestop filter. This granulated carbon provides better odor removing capabilities compared to relying on a thin, activated carbon pre-filter.
to check out this product on Amazon.com
Features and Specification
- Coverage Area: 580 sq. ft. (Ideal for large rooms)
- Sleek, contemporary, Swedish design
- Galvanized steel construction
- HEPASilent technology uses electrostatic and mechanical filtration
- Hepa Efficiency: Three-stage progressive filter 99.97-percent of 0.1 micron particles
- Air purifier with 4 speeds
- Airflow rate : 90 414 cfm
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) from AHAM: Smoke 375, Dust 375, Pollen 375
- Air Exchange: 5 air changes per hour
- SurroundAir system delivers exceptional air exchange without annoying drafts
- Filter Type : Non-toxic polypropylene with active carbon filter
- Includes filter replacement indicator
- Caster wheels for ease of movement
- Average filter service life :Six months
- Power usage: 35 to 120 watts
- Noise level :32 to 66 dB(A)
- Energy Star certified for efficiency
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 20 x 26 inches
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
Blueair 503 is suitable for someone who.
- is living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions
- wants cleaner, more breathable air
- wants a quiet air purifier for large-sized bedroom or office
- wants an energy efficient air purifier to run 24 by 7
- wants an air purifier that is easy to use and maintain
- wants an air purifier that is easy to move around
When researching the Blueair 503 HepaSilent Air Purifier we were only able to find seven reviews online but the reviews were quite good and the average user rating was rather high. A couple of reviewers point out that this unit is a very loud on its highest setting but it is much quieter on lower settings. One person says that when you turn it down one notch there is still good airflow but it is quiet enough to not disturb anyone. On its lowest setting it is nearly silent.
For anyone worried about the noise on the highest setting one solution would be to only run it on the highest setting when you are not home or when noise is not really an issue. Turn it down one notch from the highest setting and you will still be able to have a conversation or watch television without being disturbed. On the lowest two settings you will be able to sleep easily without being disturbed because the machine is nearly silent on these settings.
The replacement filters for the Blueair 503 are a bit expensive but they do an outstanding job. One person said they have been having a lot of problems with their asthma. They used this air purifier and within two hours breathing was no longer a struggle. Another reviewer said that we noticed an immediate change in our environment. This is a high quality machine that is reliable, effective and easy to use.
Pros and Cons
- Very Efficient
- Long Life
- Large Filter for Large Rooms
- Very Quiet at Lower Speed
- Sturdy Construction
- Particle Size Down to 0.1 Mircon
- Easy to Use
- Lacks Pre-filter
- Can be Loud at High Speed
- Additional Cost of Filter Replacement Every Six Months
You can buy the Blueair 503 from many big retailers offline or online like Amazon, Macys, Kohls, Target, Walmart etc.