Ingeniously designed and brilliantly engineered, theBlueAir 403 HEPASilent Air Purifier is based on the absolute original Blueair air purifier first tested at the prestigious Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm over a decade ago. The Blueair 403 continues to deliver outstanding performance that has withstood the test of time. It features patented HEPASilent filtration technology and uses a three stage filtration system combining mechanical and electrostatic filtration to remove 99.97% of airborne contaminants down to .01 micron in size.
The Blueair 403 features a convenient filter change indicator that reminds you to change your filter every six months. The indicator counts down 182 days and when there are only 15 days remaining a blue LED light will flash. There is also a snooze button that will let you turn off the flashing light for five days at a time.
There is an upgraded Model 403 that includes smokestop filter, just like the Blueair 601 model. This granulated carbon provides better odor removing capabilities compared to relying on a thin, activated carbon pre-filter.
Features and Specification
- Coverage Area: up to 365 square feet
- Sleek, contemporary, Swedish design
- Galvanized steel construction
- HEPASilent technology uses electrostatic and mechanical filtration
- Hepa Efficiency: Three-stage progressive filter 99.97-percent of 0.1 micron particles
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): Smoke 240, Dust 240, Pollen 240
- Air purifier with 4 speeds
- Air Exchange: 5 air changes per hour
- Airflow rate : 75–280 cfm
- 100-percent-recyclable filter media
- Includes filter replacement indicator
- Power usage: 30 to 80 watts
- Noise level :32 to 52 dB(A)
- Average filter service life: Six months
- Energy Star certified for efficiency
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 20 x 23 inches
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
When researching the Blueair 403 HepaSilent Air-Purification System we found more than 100 reviews online with a relatively high average user rating. We only found a handful of negative reviews. One came from someone that probably had a defective item because the unit started making a strange sound after a few weeks. Another person was disgruntled because the warranty period was not as long the website they bought it from said it was. Another reason this person was disgruntled is because although the Blueair 403 is designed in Sweden and is actually made in China and they were not pleased about that.
Every other review was incredibly positive and many people credit the Blueair 403 with relief from their allergies. One reviewer said that after using this air purifier they woke up without congestion for the first time in over eight years. Another reviewer said that they bought this unit because it promised to remove 99.97% of pet dander and although they can’t actually test the air, they can breathe again and get to keep their pets. Another review came from a parent whose child developed severe asthma and allergies over the winter and no amount of cleaning house or going to the doctor helped much but the Blueair 403 did the trick. No more sleepless nights, trips to the doctor or unnecessary medications.
The Blueair 403 HepaSilent Air-Purification System received incredibly positive reviews online. Some people described this unit as being a bit big and bulky but said that it is still an attractive unit. It is also very quiet, especially if compared to the other machines on the market, on all but the highest setting and most importantly it does a great job of removing allergens from the air.
Pros and Cons
- Portable but powerful
- Energy efficient
- True Hepa Filter
- Low noise levels
- Environmentally-friendly Filter Media
- Indicator of Filter Replacement
- High speed fan is noisy
- The filter lasts 6 months of continuous use
- Difficult to clean
You can buy the BlueAir 403 from many big retailers offline or online like Amazon, Macys, Kohls, Target, Walmart etc.